Tuesday 17 February 2009

Gone Fishing.....

We have set 'Wire' as the challenge theme on Arty Girlz this week.


I fashioned wire into a simple hook shape and its hard to make out but I have actually attached fishing line to it.... if you squint you might see it ;) This was an after thought so is not on the first photo


I also twisted some wire through the button....... I could have been 'precious' and twisted it around a needle to make neat coils but I wanted it to look quite rustic for this layout


Stampin' Up! Supplies Used

All cardstock is Stampin Up (see the close ups for the grain) I LOVE this card!!
Button from Stampin' Ups Earth Elements set
Spiral Punch (for the notebook edge effect)
Star Punch

Other Supplies Used

Basic Grey 'Archaic Papers & Rub ons
Basic Grey Chipboard Alphas
Ordinary string


Thanks for looking

15 comments:

indybev said...

I am totally enamored of that little owl overlooking the whole project!! This is great, my dear! Thanks for sharing.

Crissi Harvey said...

i love it julie gotta be one of the best layouts you have have done

Calv said...

I love this Julie, i love the earthy colours used in this LO.

Ed said...

Love your LO - and I too think that little owl is a gem...so is your little fisherman !!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Such a gorgeous layout...fantastic! Love all the bits and pieces that you have created to make this beautiful piece of art.

RubyMay said...

Beautiful LO Julie. Love your work x

Virginia said...

Gorgeous LO.Love all the elements you have used and the earth tones are perfect..

Clare said...

So lovely! my dad would love this! Love, Clare x

Powerful Search Engine said...

Wow Julie a superb layout and the wire is the perfect finishing touch! Pascale :)

Yvonne Hagane said...

How fun to see your picture on my blog, Julie!!! Wow, made my day.
Just wanted you to know...
Hugs, Yvonne.

Rach said...

this is brilliant Julie, love the earthy colours that you have used.xx

Macpurp said...

this is a fantastic LO!
i love everything about it! there is so much to see and the colours are stunning!
went back for another look!

xxx

Unknown said...

I completely *heart* this LO Julie, really love it! Superb photo footage of a loved hobbie to remember for years to come!
Jane x

Anonymous said...

This is `gorgeous` Julie..lovely to catch up with all your beautiful creations..Have a lovely Monday:)~X~

tiggertastic said...

both of your scrap pages are fantastic, i love the tag on the top page, and this one with the fishing is excellent the string and button work so well together

Sarah x