Tuesday 21 July 2009

Bleached backgrounds


For this card I have used household bleach to create a background on my cardstock

To use bleach to stamp you simply wad some kitchen roll and soak in or pour on some bleach and then use as an inkpad and stamp your image. Obviously using dark cardstock will give you a better effect. Also remember to protect your surfaces and your clothes

All products used are Stampin' Up! now there's a surprise lol

I've used Pocket Silhouettes stamp set on the main image, and the background was made using a stamp from Organic grace which is a hostess level one set.

8 comments:

Lisa Olson said...

Hi Julie, what stunning cards, though I have to say all of your cards are stunning, so beautifully and tastefully finished.
Thanks for stoping by today and your words of encouragement and support, it means a great deal.
XX

Riet said...

Wowwww Julie,what a beautiful cards,l love the colours.

hugs Riet.x

Annie said...

oh wow totally fabulous Julie. This is something I have always fancied trying but not got round to yet - I must.

Ann xxx

Lisa Olson said...

Hi Julie, thanks for stopping by and yes I do hope its just a coincidence tooo but its seems a bit too much of a coincidece given the cirmcstances and our connection??
Looking forward to your next make.
X

Kamilla said...

WOW stunning cards, soo nice and beautiful colours :D

Anne said...

Oh Wow Jules, I've never seen bleaching this good before!! I've never felt inspired to try it before but I'm dying to have a go now! This is fab!! :o) x

Sian said...

Gorgeous cards, love the colours :)

Liz said...

Hello Julie Thank you for popping over from Anties Ive been working solid all day on my blog getting the links back Lovely of you to comment tho I appreciate that very much I love your cards too look really perfect to me First I have seen your blog but I will be back after my holidays
Liz xx